Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Do You Want a Big Pink and White Fairytale Wedding

Every girl wants to be a beautiful princess on her wedding day - I mean every girl. There is nothing more romantic like a pink fairytale wedding. I know it's your dreamy wedding, it's also mine.




And a British girl made it. A bride swept up to her wedding in the Cinderella carriage originally made for glamour model Katie Price. Her name is Maria Smaga. She was led by two white horses clip-clopping through the city to Boringdon Hall to marry Michael Stacey.

They have a wonderful love story of course. Maria met construction worker Michael on a night out in Plymouth seven years ago and the 28-year-old proposed to her four years ago in a Valentine's message printed in The Herald. "There was a verse and then it said 'will you be my wife?' I couldn't believe it," Maria said.




The designer decided that she wanted to make her day one to remember when planning started in March this year. "The theme of white and pink runs throughout the wedding and I wanted a Barbie theme–you only do it once, so we wanted to make it really special," she said.

Maria is a fan of the "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding", which gave her ideas for her big day. "My wedding could be compared to the show - I do know travelers and I've seen what they do and I've got ideas from there," she said. "I also got inspiration from Disney films and Disney princesses, especially with the carriage."

The special wedding transportation celebrity carriage, which was made for the wedding of Katie Price and pop star Peter Andre, came from Manchester after it was ordered just six weeks ago. The dresses for Maria were hand made by a team of five people, and work began on them in April.





"I've got every girl's dream with my princess ending in my Cinderella carriage. I'm glad me and Mike have got our magical day together. It's like a fairytale ending."

idwy0830